A sub-camp founded at the end of August 1943 for the purpose of remodeling the building at Targowa Street 12 in Sosnowiec that had housed the offices of the Central Jewish Council of Elders. The Jews from the Dąbrowa Basin had already been deported to Auschwitz, where the majority were murdered.
About 100 prisoners, mostly Poles, were assigned to carpentry, masonry, plastering, and installation work. They were billeted in a room on the ground floor. Grilles were installed over its windows. Since there were no bunks, the prisoners slept on straw strewn directly on the floor. They were guarded by 15 SS men. The camp directors were, in turn, SS-Rottenführer Lehmann and SS-Unterscharführer Horst Czerwiński. The remodeling work lasted four months. When it was completed, the prisoners were transferred back to Auschwitz in two groups, in December 1943 and mid-February 1944.